Tweets with the hashtag #OccupyWallStreet are streaming at well over 40 per minute (but, amazingly enough, it ain’t trending on Twitter…). About one tenth of one percent of the tweets are against the Occupy movement, and are remarkable in their idiocy. As a public service, politicalcontext.org presents the best such hatertweeting from the last hour or so…along with our own pithy replies:
10. “these #occupywallstreet protesters that whine about Wall Street greed are greedy themselves, just too lazy to pursue/exploit free enterprise”
You’re rubber, they’re glue, whatever they say bounces of you and becomes meaningless free market platitudes…
9. “I’m assuming these #occupywallstreet never shop or buy anything?!? They better be making their own clothes & food! And no iPhones. Idiots.”
Yes, clearly the message is that we shouldn’t…um…have things…
8. “It is spreading across the country, with no real message other than we the pigs are unhappy. Join us in our sty.”
Actually, pigs are noble creatures. The one thing you seem to have in common with them is an inability to read…
7. “The Tea Party cleaned up after themselves. The #occupywallstreet leaving a mess for others. Tell you something about the Entitlement crowd!”
It was easy for the Tea Baggers to clean up after themselves; they were all wearing adult diapers…
6. “so over this #OccupyWallStreet bull shit.. from a liberal: quit complaining about the glorious country you live in and get to work, hippies.”
And depress your wages? Perish the thought!
5. “Saw a petulant 6-yr old have a “I want it!” tantrum in toy section @Target. Told him to go #occupywallstreet & get paid $350/week.”
We saw a petulant 5 year-old bullying other kids. We told him to WORK on Wall Street.
4. “#OccupyWallStreet Provided to you buy the money you hate. If you don’t like capitalism…#Leave”
If you don’t like protests, move to Uzbekistan, asshole.
3. “Dear #occupywallstreet, while the superstructure may be corrupt, that doesn’t excuse the rank self-pity of your signage.”
That doesn’t excuse the rank faux-pirate-frenchiness of your nickname…
2. “So sick of this #occupywallstreet business. Go occupy your jobs and get back to work”
Does your nickname stand for Why My Mommy Got Rotcrotch?
1. “#OccupyWallStreet is a malicious attempt to divert pplz attention frm solar gate, fast & furious by #Obama admin.”
Yeah–if only I could have been a fly on THAT wall…